Champions Online offers heroes the opportunity to battle one another in a variety of games featuring many different locations. Players will be able to compete with other players in PvP matches to earn Acclaim and Experience. The Hero Games includes the UTC, B.A.S.H. and Apocalypse Games. You will be able to experience PvP throughout your superhero career.
The UTC or Ultimate Tournament of Champions is an Arena game were two teams of 5 heroes compete to be the first side to earn a set number of player defeats.
- Cage Match
- The UTC Cage Match arena is a hexagonal fighting ring with ample room in the center for royal rumbles, as well as area outside for breakneck chases. Debris, boxes, and barrels litter the arena, just asking to be used as weapons.
- High Tech
- The UTC High Tech Arena is a specially designed training room with multiple levels, cover, ramps, and massive crates to test your mettle in superheroic combat.
- Lava Temple
- UTC Lava Temple pits combatants against each other in a volcanic cave complete with lava pools, the former site of a sacred Lemurian temple.
The B.A.S.H. or Battle Arena Super Heroes is a free for all game where players can fight against other heroes in a less than heroic manner. There are no teams in B.A.S.H. only the drive to earn the most player defeats. Players are able to gang up on one another or work together to defeat other players. In the end the first player to defeat 10 players will be the victor. If there are no defeats for 10 minutes, the game will end in a draw.
The Apocalypse games are scenario games that will put heroes in impossible situations. Unlike the other game types that require player defeats to win the match, the apocalypse scenarios require completion of a special objective.
- Apocalypse Stronghold
- Apocalypse: Stronghold is a 5v5 scenario where 1 team are the heroes, and the other are the villains, with the villains attempting to escape from the Stronghold Prison. Each side is mirrored with static turrets, respawning NPCs, and a console that allows the occasional summoning of strong signature heroes or villains to aid your side. The first team to defeat both boss heroes/villains of the other side wins. The longer the match goes on, the more experience and acclaim is earned by either side, however even more is earned for winning quickly.
- Zombie Apocalypse
- The Zombie Apocalypse is a timed scenario that places heroes as the last line of defense for a small town against endless waves of zombies, including the zombies of fallen heroes. Heroes must successfully defend a cabin from the continuous onslaught of zombies for as long as possible. If a hero is defeated, that hero will rise up as a zombie to join the fight against the remaining heroes. When all heroes are converted to zombies or the heroes survive for 20 minutes, the scenario ends. Experience and Acclaim are awarded for time spent as a survivor and for heroes defeated as a zombie.
Queue Tiers and Games
The Hero Games are divided into 4 tiers, based on level, as seen below. When you join an arena, you will automatically be sidekicked up to the max level for that arena. While this won't give you the additional powers, advantages, or talents of that level, it will increase your stats somewhat to give some parity at least.
Required Levels: 5 - 10
Required Levels: 11 - 20
Required Levels: 21 - 30
Required Level: 31 - 40
- Apocalypse: Stronghold
- B.A.S.H. Westside
- Weekly rotation (resetting on Tuesdays) between: UTC Lava Temple, UTC High Tech Arena, and UTC Cage Match
- Hero Games Zombie Apocalypse
The PvP Queue
To access the Hero Games you will need to join the queue. Clicking the fist icon on the lower left hand corner of the mini map will open the queue interface. Once the queue window is open you will see a list of the queues you are able to join. Select the game you would like to join then select “Join Queue”. Once the required number of players joins the queue for the game selected, a notification will appear on the screen. Players are able to join as individuals as well as a team. Note that you cannot join a Hero Games match while you are inside the Powerhouse, you have to exit first.
Every arena has two queues. The "restricted" version is only available to characters playing as Archetypes, and Freeform Archetypes are unable to compete in restricted arenas. "Unrestricted" queues can be joined by archetype or freeform characters.
There are many rewards available to earn through participation in the Hero Games. There are a number of Perks and Titles as well as costume and Action Figures unlocks that open at career milestones. There are also sets of items and gear with specific themes that are only available through the Hero Games. The Hero Games Stores are located in Millennium City, in Westside and the Renaissance Center.
Primary Article: PvP Perks
Primary Article: Hero Games Upgrades
Unlockable Costume Pieces
Primary Article: Hero Games Costume Pieces
Primary Article: PvP Action Figures
Power Replace Items
Primary Article: Hero Games Power Replace Items
Primary Article: Hero Games Devices